- Today2017March 2010
Business director for Central EuropeSwadha InfotechRepresenting the Indian IT company Swadha InfoTech throughout Europe, expanding their business in Europe. Interfacing between Europeans and Indians.
- Today2017August 2009
Management consultant global outsourcingProfessional Global Sourcing BVBA (PGS) offers services for companies investigating, initiating or optimizing international outsourcing including strategic consulting on outsourcing, coaching the transition to outsourcing, managing outsourcing, and training of staff at all levels.
- TodayDecember 2012October 2011
Off-shore Outsourcing strategic management consultant+5000 employeesTo structure, consolidate and rationalize various offshore outsourcing initiatives on IT development, operations and support. Evolve from Time & Material body-shop approach towards Managed Services outsourcing. Introducing Vendor performance evaluation, KPI and SLA on offshore outsourcing.
- TodayOctober 2011September 2010
Off-shore outsourcing project management consultant+5000 employeesStarting up and shaping the outsourced software development framework between BNP Paribas Fortis, TCS (TATA Consulting Services) and Cap Gemini along with managing the pilot software development project (> 10 M€).
- TodayJune 2011August 2009
Global sourcing director, Director international affairs, Director Quasus India Pvt.Ltd.Quasus NVSetting up an offshore Quasus branch “Quasus India Pvt.Ltd.” in Noida, India. Guiding Quasus through the legal and administrative process, finding a location, office space and selecting the core team. Delivering a fully operational Quasus branch in India, serving the European and Indian market. Interfacing between customers and the offshore branch.
- TodayMay 2009August 2007
(Offshore) Software Factory manager+5000 employeesSetting up and managing the offshore software factory for a large (25M€) project for the public sector. Managing the virtual team with both onsite and offshore members. Organizing, shaping, structuring and managing the onsite and offshore software factory including offshore Unisys departments (Hungary, India, and China) and external offshore partners (TechMahindra, India). Advising on what, how and where to offshore. Organizing workshops about managing virtual teams, doing business with Asia, how to communicate effectively across time zones, cultures and distances. Managing the “Offshore Community” at Unisys.
- TodayJune 2007May 2006
Department head product development, competence & 3rd party manager+5000 employeesManaging the software development department of the Access Network Division, over 4 locations: Belgium, China, India and Canada. 3rd party subcontract manager for offshore software development (Aricent, MindTree, Wipro) and hardware suppliers (Broadcom, ...).
- TodayApril 2006June 2005
Internet Services Department managerTelenetLeading the Internet services production department.
- TodayMay 2005August 2002
ICT Manager200 - 499 employeesLeading the software production department (content mgmt, CD-ROM and Internet publications)
- TodayJuly 2002November 1999
IT services delivery manager/IS mangerTeleRelayLeading the Internet services production and the customer care department
- TodayNovember 1999February 1997
IT services provisioning managerUUNETLeading the Internet services production, provisioning and customer care department.
International program manager.
- TodayJanuary 1997October 1991
Research and development engineer/consultant+5000 employees01/94 – 01/97: Software subcontract manager, Philips Sound & Vision, Brugge, Starting up, shaping and managing the offshore Philips Software Centre, Bangalore, India.
10/91 – 12/94: Project manager, Agfa-Gevaert N.V., Mortsel, Medical imaging systems
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management SchoolMaster after Master
Master of engineering sciences in Quantitative Industrial Management
- TodaySeptember 1991April 1991
System engineer, Pre-sales engineer1000 - 4999 employeesSystem engineer, Pre-sales engineer
- TodayMarch 1991October 1990
R&D Design engineer1000 - 4999 employeesRugged displays
- Gent Universiteit, Gand
Gent UniversiteitMaster after Master
Master of engineering sciences in Computer Sciences
- Ghent University, Gent
Master of engineering sciences in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Please sign up to view Paul Verzele's full profile.SIGN UP
- Senior management
- Agile SCRUM
- Software Factory
* > 20 years of expertise in global sourcing, near-shore, offshore, far-shore outsourcing, 3rd party subcontracting
* > 16 years of expertise in global software factory management and managed services
* Offers professional and strategic management advice, guidance, training, coaching and support on starting up or optimizing global (out)sourcing
* Experience with South-East Asia (including China, India, Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia), USA, Canada and in almost every European country
* Advised large companies in various industries including BNP Paribas Fortis, Barco, Alcatel-Lucent, Unisys, Philips, MCI WorldCom, Agfa-Gevaert, Altran Europe, Telenet, Wolters Kluwer, Belgacom, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, TechMahindra, Aricent, MindTree
* Improves performance of large teams in a multi-site, multi-national and multi-cultural setting in terms of collaboration, delivery, quality and cost
* Sets up and manages subsidiaries, departments, multi-national and virtual teams
* Combines a result-oriented approach with excellent communication skills, inter-cultural understanding and communication, flexibility, team spirit and a high level of commitment
* Speaks 3 languages (English, Dutch, French) fluently, is able to express himself in German and Chinese (Mandarin), and has notions of Italian and Spanish